Pregnant Princess Eugenie and husband Jack have reportedly moved out of Frogmore Cottage – just weeks after her cousin Prince Harry allowed them to live there.

The couple are claimed to have moved back to Kensington Palace just six weeks after arriving at the luxury home in Windsor.

Harry and Meghan Markle spent £2.4m of taxpayers’ money having the home in Windsor refurbished before they decided to quit the royal family.

They have since paid the cash back, the royal family announced earlier this year – and agreed to let Eugenie and Jack move in to start their family.

But the couple’s decision to move out has left staff baffled, according to reports.

A source told The Sun : “It is empty again. Why does no one want to live in Frogmore Cottage? What is wrong with the place?”

The two couples reportedly came up with the plan themselves, leaving senior members of the royal family “blindsided”.

The Grade II-listed home, built in 1801, is owned by the Crown Estate.

It has been empty for around a year, despite latest figures suggesting 4,266 people sleeping rough on a “typical” night.

The stunning house is not far from Eugenie’s parents, Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson.

The house has empty since Harry and Meghan decided to quit the royal family and move to the US, where they have now bought a new house.

A source previously told the Sun on Sunday: “Senior royals were initially blindsided by the idea for Harry and Meg to let Eugenie and Jack move in.

“Obviously the Queen was told after the couples had spoken about the plan.

“But it is very much a deal done between Harry, Meghan, Eugenie and Jack. There is a close bond between them.”

However a Sussex source has reportedly said that Frogmore cottage remains Harry and Meghan’s UK base, but the couple were “delighted” to let Eugenie and Jack move in.

Harry and Eugenie have always been extremely close, and insiders have said they are the “closest of friends”.