The National Examinations Council (NECO) is withholding the results of candidates who sat for this year’s Internal Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE).

The council said it would not release the results of such candidates until their state governments pay the examination fees.

A statement yesterday by its Head of Information and Public Relations Division, Azeez Sani, recalled that NECO Registrar/Chief Executive, Professor Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, had, on October 29, 2021, announced the release of the results of the 2021 SSCE for school-based candidates.

But students in some states, including Niger, have not been able to access their results due to the non-payment of the examination fees by their state governments.

The council also said all ad hoc workers involved in the conduct of the 2021 SSCE for school-based candidates had been fully paid.

It said the workers include 18,243 Supervisors, 887 Assistant Supervisors and 65,159 Examiners.

The payment, which started last week, has been concluded, according to the statement.

“The management appreciates the invaluable contributions of the Supervisors and Examiners in the success story of the council over the years, and reiterates its determination to strengthening the existing cordial relationship between them.

“The council, however, appeals to state governments yet to pay the examination fees of their candidates who sat for the SSCE (Internal), to do so in order to facilitate the release of the result of such candidates,” the statement said.