The Beat99.9 FM is a commercial English-medium entertainment, music and information radio station targeted at an informed audience in the 15-35 age group and generally those who are young at heart. It is a full-service station broadcasting entertainment news, topical news, traffic, sports and weather information.
The Beat FM aims to satisfy listeners’ needs in order to maintain majority market share through quality programming. As market leaders in the entertainment arena, we have set the pace and trend for today’s audience in Nigerian radio business.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at Beat FM
On Air Personality/ Presenter – Classic FM
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
- Creatively develop programs for assigned belt to suit station demographic
- Moderate panels or talks shows on various relevant topics in line with NBC rules.
- Coordinate games, contests, or other on-air competitions, performing such duties as asking questions and awarding prizes.
- Conduct proper research and get background information in order to prepare adequately for programs or interviews.
- Comment on and present facts to the listeners on various issues – Artists, their music, tours, weather, traffic, politics, current affairs etc
- Interview show guests about their lives, their work, or topics of current interest.
- Answering calls during live programs; hold conversations and attend to call-in listeners’ enquiries during the show.
- Ensure scheduled adverts/commercials on the schedule sheet are played in line with Traffic schedule
- Record and report failed adverts to the appropriate department
- Responsible for announcing commercials, giving weather and traffic reports and updates, and either introducing New and reporting breaking news.
- Update the station log. This information is given to the traffic department for the log of daily station activities the NBC (National Broadcast Commission) requires.
- Adhere strictly to NBC’s rules relating to delivery of hypes, talks etc.
- Doing voice-overs for commercials for the radio station.
- Engage the audience on all the social media platforms and ensure that on-air and online are integrated. i.e. always updating digital platforms to be in line with ongoing on-air programs.
- Working the control board (CONSOLE), keeping the programming logs.
- Making special public appearances on behalf of the station and promoting the station’s brand.
- Regularly attend and be part of both Station’s and Company’s meetings and events.
- Adhere strictly to rules and procedures as set by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Tertiary Institution degree
- A good Radio Voice
- Passion for the Job
- Ability to develop creative programs
- Team spirit
- Excellent communication skill
- Public Speaking ability
- People relations
- Extensive knowledge of all genre of music
N100,000 – N300,000 (Monthly).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Recruitment at Beat FM” should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.